Portadown Train Station
Felix O’Hare & Co Ltd carried out the complete re-development of Portadown train station on behalf of Translink NI. Partly funded by the European Commission and handed over ahead of schedule,
this prestigious contract involved the extensive alteration, refurbishment and upgrading of the existing railway station in the heart of Portadown, Co Armagh. CEF Construction Excellence Award Winner 2014 – Transport Infrastructure Award
Key features and benefits:
- We provided newly refurbished passenger waiting areas with new seating and public spaces, including vending areas and public convenience facilities. In the entrance area we installed a new lobby with lift provision, gallery walkways and refurbished stairwell for improved passenger access.
- We also greatly improved the access to platforms with a new link footbridge, DDA-compliant passenger lifts and new enclosed waiting areas.
- Externally, we made improvements for vehicular traffic circulation with set-down areas, additional parking spaces, turning areas and also cycle shelters.
- The external façade was completely modernised with a roof replacement, new signalling gantry along with new CCTV installations.
- With over 900,000 passengers using the station every year, the alterations, extension and refurbishment means that Portadown station now offers truly first class facilities for local and cross-border passengers.