NW Independent Clinic
Felix O’Hare & Co Ltd was contracted to carry out the extensive refurbishment and extension to the existing Northwest Independent Clinic at Ballykelly, Co Down.
Key features and benefits:
- The works involved a complete overhaul and reconfiguration of the medical facilities, for example Twin Laminar Flow Operating Theatres, 6-bed recovery ward, 10-bed ward, endoscopy decontamination facilities and full theatre support facilities, such as anaesthetic and preparation suites.
- Ancillary accommodations were also provided, including offices, meeting rooms, patient family waiting rooms, a new plant room, and two small retail units adjacent to the main reception area.
- The works comprised of the erection and completion of a new two-storey extension to the existing building complete with site-works, drainage and other ancillary works.
- The building featured piled foundations, a structural steel frame with suspended ground floor slab and reinforced in-situ concrete upper floors, and a traditional masonry external walling with glazed curtain walling and a Trocal membrane covered concrete roof.
- We avoided any disruption to the daily functioning of the clinic through meticulous planning and management of works within such a critical ‘live’ environment.